The successful graduate of IST will demonstrate the following attributes:
Responsible Digital Citizenship
- Recognizes the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of learning in an online environment.
- Respects the range of ethical perspectives and impact of actions on others.
- Uses the Internet, computers, and technology in an appropriate and responsible manner.
- Uses reading, writing, listening and speaking as communication tools to effectively express and communicate ideas.
- Implements effective communication to speak, show, demonstrate, exhibit or perform using a variety of media to convey complex solutions implementing change.
- Presents multifaceted content that customizes the message for intended audiences.
Creative and Innovative Problem Solver
- Demonstrates reliable and valid data research strategies for intellectual or creative pursuits.
- Critically analyzes and constructs divergent thinking to draw conclusions and generate plans for solving complex problems.
- Expresses originality, imagination, and innovation working with complex and ambiguous situations to transform their learning.
- Makes decisions based upon understanding of scientific concepts and processes using observation and experimentation using appropriate technology and scientific reasoning.
Technological and Research Proficiency
- Accesses and uses online and written information safely, ethically and legally.
- Demonstrates the ability to find, organize, understand, critically examine and use information from various sources using a variety of technologies.