Basic Social Studies Concepts for Middle School
Assessment: Pre-Test, Lesson Practice, Unit Exams, Mid-Term Exam, Final Exam
Acellus Basic Social Studies Concepts for Middle School is designed to help struggling students gain a basic understanding of social studies. This course discusses the regional landforms, climates, maps, and natural resources in the U.S. It goes on to explore the diversity of the American population and political concepts such as democracy, maps, the U.S. Constitution, and citizens' responsibilities.
The course also touches on the regions of the United States, discussing their land formations, resources, and people both historically and in modern times.
Course topics include:
- The Regions of the United States
- American Diversity
- American Government
- Resources and Trade
- The Northeast Region and its People
- The Southeast Region and its People
- The Midwest Region and its People
- The Southwest Region and its People
- The Western Region and its People
This course was developed by the International Academy of Science. Learn More